So of course the next logical question is “what exactly is enough?” Well this girl likes to dream big, so I will save that question for somebody else to write in their own blog! I for one am keeping my goal of seeing this wonderful world whether or not it is too idealistic. I also vow to add, subtract, and expand my list over time past all boundaries of what everyone considers to be enough.
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you my top ten list of countries that I would like to visit:
9. Brazil Yes, I want to visit Rio de Janeiro. No, I don't want to go there because of the carnival (which is allegedly only bigger than Trinidad's). While it may be nice to experience it one day, my desire to go to Brazil is simply because it such a beautiful country (as seen through flickr photos and as heard through word of mouth).
8. Haiti I don't really have a reason why this is on my list. Maybe it's because I know a few people from here. Whatever the reason, I simply want to go.
7. Egypt Who doesn't want to see the ancient pyramids, the sphinx, and all of the other wonderful things Egypt has to offer to this world?
6. Senegal My dear friend Kristin is studying here and the fact that I won't be able to visit her this semester moves this one up a little higher on my list!
5. South Africa My two main reasons for this choice: the beauty of the country and the history... undeniably a must see for everyone at some point in our lives.
4. Thailand This was on my list since high school. For those of you who have seen pictures of Thailand and know me very well I'll bet you guessed the reason why: the beaches! While I am mesmerized by the beauty of Thai beaches, I am also interested in exploring Bangkok (pictured).
3. Morocco It was originally intended that I would cross this one off of my list this semester while in Europe. My friends and I had it all planned (kinda) and we were so excited. However, we realized that differences in scheduled breaks and the high cost of the flight from France made it almost impossible for us to do! So I'm forced to save it for another time... *tear*
Some might think that the list I have already built up should enough; yet for a girl like me, my experiences have only spurred my desire to see and experience other parts of the globe. So if any of you are interested in joining me on my lifelong quest to see the world, drop me a line. We’ll work something out!