My love for books should come as no surprise to any of you who know me and/or read this blog. This love for books runs through my blood. As a result, it should really come as no surprise to you that my family is currently raising money to give the gift of books.
Our Alexander Family reunion will be in Union Island (where my grandfather was born) in August of 2010, and we would like to donate at least $1,000 worth of books to the library, which at present has a very limited collection.
In order to accomplish this goal we are selling $5.00 raffle tickets for a 19'' TV! I hope that you will help to make our goal possible. The date of the reunion is fast approaching so the drawing will be held on April 3, 2010.
So what are you waiting for? It only takes 5 minutes! Here's what you do:
- Click the orange "Donate" button at the top of this page.
- Enter your donation amount. $5.00 per ticket and $20 for five tickets. However, feel free to donate any additional amount if you heart desires!
- Either log into your existing paypal account or click continue under "Don't have a PayPal account?"
- Continue toward checkout. BUT... be sure to use the "Add special instructions to seller" section to tell me how many tickets you are purchasing as well as a phone number to reach you if you win!
- Southernmost island of the Grenadines belonging to the state of St. Vincent and the Grenadines
- Situated 90 kilometers southwest of Barbados and the islands of Carriacou
- The mainland of Grenada can be seen to the south
- Located 40 miles from St. Vincent.
- About 3 miles in length and half that in width
- High, rocky, and dry and is largely covered in thorny scrubs
- Dotted with cacti and free roaming goats.
- Home to approximately 3,000 residents and Clifton and Ashton are the two principal towns